As a tool that helps communities and creators make abilities, you can push their abilities into Daylight and out to the users who qualify for those abilities.
When you initially receive your API key, your API key will be in a
pending state. This will allow you to submit, update, upsert, and get abilities, but the abilities will not be visible to any users. You can see your submitted abilities when in this
pending state by calling the Retrieve Submitted Abilities endpoint with your API key. This pending state and that endpoint simulate a “testnet”.
Once you feel your integration is ready, you can remove all your test submissions by marking
false for each of them. Then you can rerun your integration to backfill all live abilities. Once done, reach out to us so we can review your integration and submitted abilities. If everything looks good, we can set your API key to
active and your abilities will then appear to all users on the other side of the API.
Your API key can only add abilities that link to a specific domain or from a list of domains that are on your API key’s
linkUrl allowlist. For example, Guild's API key can only post abilities with
linkUrl values that contain "https://guild.xyz/". To update that allowlist, email [email protected]
If your API key does not have a
linkUrl allowlist because you need to submit many different URLs, we limit your API key so it can only post from a range of specific IP addresses.
Submission of an ability is not a guarantee that it will be presented to users. Internal moderation, filters, spam prevention measures, URL analysis, ability requirements, and time-based prioritization factor into what abilities are presented to each user.
We recommend setting quality thresholds for the abilities you push into Daylight to insure that only high quality, non-spammy abilities come through. Otherwise, we'll have to moderate your abilities more, and your distribution will be slowed or diminished. Examples:
- Ecommerce Suppliers: Only submit token-gated products or discounts that have at least one token-gated purchase on a live, in-production store so you know the ability is live and working.
- Token-Gated Experiences: Only submit experiences that >5 people have accessed.
- Use the Submit an Ability endpoint to add a new ability.
- Use the Update an Ability endpoint to update a few fields on an already existing ability.
- Use the Upsert an Ability endpoint to send a full ability, updating it if it already exists.
- Use the Submit Completion endpoint to mark an off-chain ability as completed by a wallet address.
- Use the Retrieve Submitted Abilities endpoint to see all the abilities your API key has added.
If encountering an error where the error message in response body does not help you resolve the problem, please submit the full body of the request and the endpoint you’re attempting to consume to [email protected]